Beauty.com Front Row in collaboration with Style Haul offered me the opportunity to cover backstage beauty for Honor’s Spring/Summer 2015 show. I headed to Art Beam in the city and bask in all the backstage goodness. I found out the secret to the models flawless skin when I met Vbeaute’s CEO Julie Macklowe (stay tuned for an in depth look at Vbeaute)
The Inspiration: “Debutante falls in love with George Harrison bad boy and they go on a “trip” together. She finally realizes he’s a bad person, untangles herself from him and comes out stronger for it”
GET THE LOOK: Hair
– Prep hair from roots to end with PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray
– Blow dry hair with the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i
– Part hair in the center, allowing some front pieces to hang loose. Those can be given a little shape using the T3 SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron
– Add a touch of PHYTO Professional Matte Texturizing Paste at the roots of the crown for texture.
– Gather hair into low ponytail & secure.
– Use PHYTO Professional Workable Holding Spray through the ends to achieve a natural, lived-in texture.
GET THE LOOK: Makeup
– Keyvn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer
– Kevyn Aucoin The Eye Pencil Primatif in “Defining Navy:
– Keyvn Aucoin The Loose Shimmer Shadow in “Lapis”
– Curl lashes and apply Keyvn Aucoin The Essential Mascara to both top & bottom lashes
– Finish with a nude matte lip using Keyvn Aucoin The Lip Gloss in Tulapina
– Cheeks were left bare
Key Artist Polly Osmond, says “she’s a little bit carefree, a little bit rock and roll, she transforming herself with blue eyeshadow, rather than black. We used lots of clumpy mascara as if she doesn’t care anymore” The blue was chosen as it offsets the color of the clothing” The foundation was also kept very light and we used Vbeaute skin care for a flawless canvas. A little powder on the forehead because there will be no shiny foreheads”
GET THE LOOK: Nails
– Custom mixed shade by Nonie Creme for Beauty.com
– Add 3D pearls in a star pattern to faux nails from Beauty.com
Nonie shares “My hotel room is now covered in pearls, but it was all worth it. I like working with Honor because they like to tell stories, the look started with polka dots that felt too cute. She is a little cooler than that. We did a lot of trial and error and now we’re doing a 3D polka dot that’s a little more modern. Look out for the custom color nail in January (with tight lips) everywhere. Can’t say too much.”