A little about Roque Cozzette:
Roque Cozzette thinks creatively and creates strategically. His talent comes from the orchestrated sensibilities of hands, head, and heart. A seasoned beauty-industry pro experienced in print, fashion, celebrity image, and cosmetic product development; an extraordinary depth and scope to his multi-faceted career. Working withcelebrities like Christina Milian, Isabella Rossellini, Melody Gardot, and Roxanna; Roque has synergized traditional and airbrushing techniques. On the fashion front, he lent his creative vision to the runway for fashion houses like Christian Dior, Valentino, Y3, Louis Vuitton, John Galliano, Yohji Yamamoto, Victoria’s Secret, Prada and Givenchy. An innovator and educator with a vision to embrace the highest creative values that when allowed lifts the vibration of all whom he touches. Roque is the founder of the Cozzette line of brushes and accessories. www.roquecozzette.com
What he said:
- Has been in the business 30 years and is proud of everyone who decided to take this career journey because its not easy.
- Set an intention- from this night – a present tense statement. What you intend on, you get!
- Every time you see a mirror, say I love you to yourself.
- We don’t take enough time to validate ourselves.
- He moved to New York at 30. Never give up!
- Embrace your heart, who you really are, and set yourself to the next level of where you want to be.
- How are you going to get where you want to be. It doesn’t matter where you are and where you come from. Your life will never be the same if you just believe!
- Half of the business is presentation of self and the way you speak, and then how you execute your makeup.
- Co creator of Kett ( departed 4 years ago) airbrush is not the end all be all, neither is traditional makeup.
- He studied cosmetic chemistry because of the evolution of HD, he needed to understand. He doesn’t really use lots of powder.
- He always does face charts. It’s great practice and to have a system, so in the way that you work. It helps you remember what you put on – especially in fashion ,everything revolves around the makeup test.
- He has helped written sections of Milady’s Cosmetology Book.
“Product, Practice and Precision” – Roque Cozzette